Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away





It's been raining for days in Northern California and that doesn't allow my little Tinker Bell to play outside much. So while I was changing my bed linens this morning, she grabbed my jammie bottoms and her favorite beanie babie to make herself at home on my pillow. Dressed in her favorite sweater she was just too darn cute. She was all snuggled up for a restful, lazy day. Now get off so I can make the bed.


I visited A lot of Little Things blog yesterday and Willzmom had a video of Paul Anka's The Times of Your Life. It really brought back such great memories.

I realize that as you age, the times of your life can go back to some really special times. Mine were of hopscotch with neighbor kids, spending hours on our bellies looking for 4 leaf clovers, playing cards for hours in the backyard and walking in the gutters after a rain storm. Don't think I'll be putting on the rubber boots and visiting the gutters today.

I'm not sure how much fun those things would be for kids today but it was special back in the 50's. We didn't have as much to do back then. Does anyone remember trying to talk into the can with a long string? We tried for days to make it work. Today I guess they would call each other on their cell phones. Simple times then and I sound more like my mother every day.

5 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

scary, isn't it??(sounding like your Mom!) I have such sweet memories of all those things you mentioned. Thanks for bringing those to mind. How we hated it when our mothers called us home for dinner!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and entering my GIVE AWAY!

xo Lidy

farmlady said...

I, too, remember the 50's. It seemed like a good, safe place to be. I do remember being on my belly looking for 4 leaf clovers. Thanks for the lovely memories.

Dot said...

I am a child of the 60's but still remember cans and strings :)

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today and for your lovely words. So glad you are enjoying blogging (and now swap-bot).

Your Tinker bell is gorgeous!

willzmom said...

Okay, I'd take that sweet little Tinker Bell in a minute! Thanks for stopping by and visiting me and for sharing some of your memories.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

What a sweet little baby you have there!